Monday, April 15, 2013

The start of a Short Story...


 
Pennyroyal Tea
 
 There isn’t any fix that is going to satisfy me. The reason for this is simple; all of the fixes I can think of are only temporary, save for death. I don’t want to end my journey, I just want a different road. I have become a slave without knowing it was happening. I am a slave to the stove, a slave to the fridge. I am a slave to my bank account, the job, the scrubbing, and the puke-colored poop in my baby’s diaper. I am a slave to the little speck of play dough on the floor, and I will continue to be a slave to every inconsistency in my household until the day I die.
Many times I have thought of the small, brown glass bottle in my bathroom. Inside, the fragrant thick liquid is a promise… a promise of ending sorrow, a way to forget that I will always be a slave, that I will forever chase the dream, and that the dream doesn’t exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment